Skip to main content

Charlotte's Birth Story







On February 23rd at about 2 am I woke up to find what I now know was signs of a placental abruption. If you decide to look it up you'll probably find how scary that was to see. So I called my doctor, woke Kyle up and we were off to the hospital in all of about 2 minutes. The thoughts in my head were not good ones I didn't know what news we were going to get once we arrived, but I prayed and prayed and prayed. And about 15 min into our ride there my contractions started. With that kind of stress on the uterus the contractions don't always start out farther apart and get closer so mine were about 3 min apart starting at 230 am. Once we arrived and realized (by the looks on the younger nurses faces) this is not something that they witness often. They got us hooked up to the heart rate monitor and by the grace of God her heart beat was perfect! No sign that the distress was effecting her. Our wonderful nurse, also a God given gift, was called in to take care of us at 3am. Sarah Ann made a world of difference for our stress levels. So from there we labored through the next 12 hours with pain medicine and walking once my bleeding slowed to a manageable amount. Then it was time for my epidural. I wasn't dilating at a fast enough rate so they started Pitocin at a very low level as to not stress the uterus any more. At about midnight it was time to push (finally!). This was also about the time my epidural quit working. But we went with it. After about 3 and half hours of pushing my wonderful doctor (dr. Stroud) let me know that she is coming out face up as he was not able to flip her and said that with the amount of blood I had lost and about 26 hours of labor we needed to get her out. He gave me my options and they quickly got me ready for my c section. Although I had dreamed of the day I would hold my baby skin to skin directly after birth I was needed to be put completely under. After 26 hours of labor... at 3:45 on February 24th Charlotte was here, and perfectly healthy! We are blessed to have a group of amazing nurses and Dr. Stroud as well as his wife, our midwife, Marianne with us all day. It is so important to recognize God's blessings and all the miracles he creates each day. We are SO blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing

welcome back to my little space! Today I wanted to get real with you guys about social media and balancing; posting/interacting with all of my followers while raising a family and working full time in the corporate world. It felt like an impossible balance after while. When I started this journey I thought the balance would be pretty simple. Then Charlie got bigger and a whole lot more mobile and I just felt so disorganized and not connected to my blog any more. I let it go for months. After thinking through my goals for the year (2018) and what I want to accomplish I decided to give it a go. As a new-ish mom I have so much I want to share with you all. so many tips and tricks that I have learned. I also want this to be a community of collaboration for those that visit. If you are going through something difficult or if you have tips and tricks to share, I am all ears! Especially if you have tips on how to balance your blog/Instagram with life going on! Please share!! My nex

The Nest Bean Zen Sack

You know that moment you realize your child is growing out of their swaddle? I had this freak out moment and began researching what to do. Do I get a larger swaddle, is that a thing? What's next?! Little did I know what I was missing out on the first few months of Charlie's life. Shortly after this freak out moment I came across Nested Bean . the idea of what they were promoting interested me. So, I took a further look and jumped in. I bought Charlie the Zen sack and we are NEVER going back! I only wish I knew about Nested Bean from the beginning. The Zen swaddle would have been a life saver in Charlie's early months. She was/is a hard core clinger; she always needs to feel as if she is being cuddled. As you can see in the pictures there is a cute little bean on the front of her Zen sack that is weighted. when Charlie lays down for bed it feels as if I am holding her. It brings her that sense of security she needs to sleep all night. We started transferring Ch